Eligibility to undertake Principal Certification
The CPP award is open to principals from the Government, Catholic and Independent sectors.
- hold a current teacher registration
- be currently employed in an eligible role and currently undertaking that role within an education setting
- have at least three years' experience in the eligible role
- agree to comply with the Principal Certification Code of Conduct
- not be under a formal Performance Management process
- A role with equivalent scope and duties to that of a principal. The role will enable demonstration of all requirements of the Principal Standard in action. This role must be confirmed by employment contract or by a line manager.
The Certified Practising Principal award requires that principals attend a one day, face to face induction in addition to three further induction sessions conducted online.
Part 1 runs from 10:00am – 3:30pm in face to face format
Parts 2, 3 and 4 each run for 45 – 60 minutes online.